We all know social media is an important key to any PR success or failure, so what makes an effective Instagram? You already post content and like pictures; how is it you become a hot page for views and interaction with your brand on social media?
Here are a few pluggers to get started on your Instagram’s review and reconstruction:
- Minor details businesses miss involves the content they post and the relevance to their audiences. Make sure that what you post will interest your followers but stays in line with the message trying to be shown.
- Don’t neglect your hashtags! With hashtags, you will get exposure with audiences in a similar field. More people from the search and explore page will see your content if your hashtag is something they have searched before or viewed.
- Establishing a theme on your Instagram will make your content look well put together and appealing to others.
- Customize your bio with links to your other forms of social media and with key information a follower should know prior to accepting your request and seeing your content. In a sense, you could view this as your attention grabber. Let someone get to want to know more about you through your bio.
You don’t want to post a link in your caption, as it averts the possibility for your viewers to open it, but if you tell them to check it out in your bio, it is intriguing enough to actually take a look.
- PHOTO QUALITY!! I cannot stress this enough: make sure that your photo quality is sharp just like you are with your captions.
- Captions—try not to over think them. Captions can be simple, witty, or thought out. Whatever you decide to go with, try to think if you’d be interested in reading it. Just make sure you avoid writing a novel in your captions. Followers honestly are not going to read all of it, so if you can, try limiting to less than 5 sentences.
- Try to make your posts or stories interactive. This encourages your followers to either vote, comment, or visit your other social platforms. For example, ask your viewers/followers if they would prefer to see option A or option B in your next post, blog, etc. Through a poll, they are going to give you feedback. With these interactions, you will have already gained their attention longer than a typical post. WIN!
Don’t be afraid to try different strategies and approaches. Brand development is a work in progress! Just stay current and be creative!
Skyylar is a Junior majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is an Account Associate at GrandPR, this being her first year apart of the team. Skyylar enjoys hanging out with her friends and family, camping, hiking, and the occasional Netflix binge.